This award from one of the co-founders of the club, recognises a club member who has strived above and beyond the normal call of duty for the club in a voluntary capacity during the year for the overall benefit of the club and its members. The Club Person of The Year is someone who has made a REAL difference to the Club in that time.
The recipient of this award is someone who:
- is a role model of the club
- works for the benefit of the GRBC, dedicated to helping with various activities for the benefit of the sport.
- works tirelessly without expectation of recognition.
- is always there to help and assist
- acts in the best interest of the GRBC
- is an excellent ambassador for Baseball and the GRBC, in the eyes of the GRBC, members and community alike.
- Volunteers their time freely and for no financial gain
This person does not have to be an office holder or have any specific job.
No minimum years of service are required to attain this award.
2007/08 – Ken Clark & Mary O’Connor
2008/09 – Ken Clark
2009/10 – Geoff Young
2010/11 – Mark Amphlett
2011/12 – Pip Laver & Steve Allen
2012/13 – Graham Mayfield
2013/14 – Graham Mayfield
2014/15 – Ian Skewes
2015/16 – Shaun Clark
2016/17 – Brooke Skewes
2017/18 – Kerry Okeil & Ian Skewes
2018/19 – Simon & Naomi Oxford
2019/20 – Darko Filko
2020/21 – Tracy Filko